The Woolly Rhinoceros was a prehistoric beast resembling the rhinos of today, except that it was covered in a thick fur to protect it from the freezing climate of its Ice Age environment.
- History: Coelodonta lived during the Pleistocene Era, from around 3 ½ million years ago to just over ten thousand years ago. While it was long believed that climate change at the end of the last Ice Age led to their extinction, interactions with early humans likely played a larger role, as these giant beasts were hunted heavily by our prehistoric ancestors. In addition to skeletal remains, the appearance of Woolly Rhinos can also be determined from mummified specimens discovered in Siberia and other frozen northern areas, as well as cave paintings by early humans.
- Scientific Name: Coelodonta (“Hollow Tooth”)
- Characteristics: The Woolly Rhino was a large, furry mammal with a pronounced hump on its back and two horns sprouting from its nose. The larger of the two horns could grow up to two feet in length! This Woolly Rhino toy captures these features in scientifically accurate, realistic detail, reconstructing this prehistoric mammal in a walking pose, with its head bowed.
- Size: This Woolly Rhino toy figure measures 6 ¾ inches long from the tip of its curved horn to the heel of its foot. It stands 3 inches tall to the top of its hump.
- All of these products are Non-toxic and BPA free